8 Servings. 15 minutes prep time. 35 minutes cook time.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Package (8 oz.) Zatarain’s jambalaya mix
- 1 Lb. large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 Package (12 oz.) andouille sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
Heat oil in large deep skilled or 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook and stir 7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in tomatoes, water and jambalaya mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in shrimp and sausage. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.