Crimean Cup, a la Marmora from How to Mix Drinks by Jerry Thomas—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- Serves: 30
- 1 quart orgeat syrup
- 1 pint cognac
- ½ do. Maraschino
- ½ do. Jamaican rum
- 2 bottles chilled champagne
- 2 do. soda water
- 6 ounces sugar
- 4 medium lemons
- Thinly peel the lemons, then place the rind in a bowl with the sugar; soak them well for a minute or two in order to extract the flavor from the lemon.
- Next, squeeze the juice of two lemons into the bowl, add two bottles of soda water and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in the orgeat syrup and whip the mixture well with a whisk, in order to whiten the composition.
- Then, add the cognac, rum and maraschino and strain everything into a punch bowl.
- Add the champagne just before serving.
- While adding the champagne, stir the mixture well with a ladle—this will render the cup creamy and mellow.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.