- ⅔ cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, cut into ½-inch-thick slices (about 8 slices), drained well and patted dry
- 4 tbsp roasted garlic oil or olive oil
- 1½ tbsp peeled minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- In medium bowl, mix scallions, bell pepper and bean sprouts. Evenly divide vegetables between 2 plates.
- Place sesame seeds on small plate. Dredge tofu slices in sesame seeds to coat on all sides.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add tofu and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Evenly divide tofu between the 2 plates, leaning sesame tofu against vegetable mounds.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to skillet.
- Add ginger and cook over medium heat, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Stir in rice vinegar, bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Drizzle tofu and vegetables with pan sauce.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.