Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 large sweet onions
- 7 oz corn flake cereal, crushed
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup egg substitute
- vegetable cooking spray
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Cut each onion into 4 thick slices; separate into rings, reserving small rings for other uses. Set aside.
- Combine cereal and next 3 ingredients; divide in half and set aside.
- Beat egg substitute at high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Dip half of onion rings in egg substitute; dredge in half of crumb mixture. Place in a single layer on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 °F for 15 minutes or until crispy; serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.