Crispy Chicken Nuggets from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government publication in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 12 ounces skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, combine egg, honey and mustard.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the crushed cornflakes and toss with the pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then roll in cornflakes until covered.
- Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Optional step: serve with low-fat dipping sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.