- 10 Frankfurters
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Yellow cornmeal
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- oil or shortening for frying
- in medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, Sugar, baking powder and salt.
- with pastry blender or fork, cut in 2 t shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Add to dry mixture; mix well.
- Pat frankfurters dry with paper towels.
- Dip franks into batter with tongs, being careful to coat all sides.
- Let excess batter drip off.
- Drop 1 or 2 at a time into hot oil in mini-fryer.
- Fry until golden, about 1 minute on each side.
- Insert wooden skewer in end of each.
- Serve hot, with mustard, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.