Deep-fried kangkong leaves coated with the fresh egg mixture are cooked to a smooth, golden-brown crisp.
- 1 bundle of kangkong
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 ¾ tablespoon flour
- cooking oil
- Separate the kangkong leaves. Wash with water and pat dry.
- Mix the egg, water, cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the kangkong leaves and mix until all the leaves are coated with the batter.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the leaves until crispy and golden brown.
- Strain the cooked pieces for excess oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.