- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced or -pressed, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 large wheat flour tortillas
- oil for trying tortilla
- shredded cheese
- Brown together ground beef, onion and garlic in a heavy frying pan over medium heat, stirring until meat loses its pinkness.
- Add salt and chili powder, blending well.
- Place ½ cup of the ground beef filling.
- ½ cup shredded cheese and ¼ cup diced tomatoes onto one-half of each tortilla.
- Fold other half over filling, pressing it down to remove any air pockets.
- Pour oil into large skillet to ¼ inch depth.
- When oil is hot, place filled tortillas into pan a few at a time.
- Saute over medium to high heat until golden on each side, about 45 seconds per side.
- Remove from pan onto paper towelling.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- That what we have this in our dinner.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.