Persian Lamb stew sends wonderful flavors your way - not spicy - just a nice blend of flavors. A meal in one pot. Serve with a salad on the side and crusty rolls to scoop up the last of the sauce
- 1½ lbs lean boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounces) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut int ½ inch slices
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the lamb with about half of the saltand pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heatand 2 tbs of oil brown the lamb and transfer the lamb, when browned, to a 3½ quart crockpot.
- Saute the onions in the last tbs of oil until they are transluccent 3 – 5 minutes add the garlicand oregano, cook and stir approximately 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and simmer, smashing the tomatoes as you stir.
- Pour approximately half of the tomatoes over the lamb in the crockpot.
- Place potatoes in a layer on top of the tomatoes and season with saltand pepper.
- Add a layer of green beans, then the eggplant and zucchini.
- Season each layer lightly with saltand pepper to your taste.
- Pour remaining tomatoes on top.
- Add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Remove bay leavesand serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.