Delicious banana bread prepared in a crockpot.
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup raisins or chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- In mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar; add eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed banana
- Stir in raisins or chopped dates and chopped pecans, if using.
- Grease a 4-cup can and pour batter in it.
- Cover top of can with 6 to 8 layers of paper towel; and place on rack in cooker.
- Cover crockpot and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours (or until bread is done).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.