Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 lbs dry small white or pea beans
- 1 medium onion
- ¼ lb fat back salt pork; optional
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup molasses
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak beans overnight in gallon of water.
- Mix together onion (finely chopped), molasses, brown sugar, mustard, cloves, salt, and pork (cut in 1 inch cubes); and add to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add beans and water to cover.
- Set cooker on low and cook 10 – 12 hours, stirring once after first hour.
- If desired substitute 4 strips crumbled crisp bacon for salt pork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.