Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 – 4 lbs boneless/skinless thighs and breasts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large red or green bell peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon each basil and oregano
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 x 8 oz can stewed tomatoes with chilies
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups burgundy wine
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling before serving
- Place sliced onions on bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 7 – 9 hours or high 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve over pasta, with a salad on the side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.