Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sweet Endings
- Prep: 13 minutes | Cook: 3 hr | Chill: 1 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (1 lb) cinnamon-raisin bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- whipped cream (optional)
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in milk, cream, vanilla and butter.
- Add bread cubes and pecans, stirring gently just until bread is moistened.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Pour bread mixture into lightly greased 2½ qt soufflé dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6-qt slow cooker; place a wire rack to fit cooker on bottom.
- Place souffle dish on rack.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours or until a sharp knife comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.