We used plain shortbread cookies but you can use the variety with pecans if you'd like.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sweet Endings
- Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 5 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (16 oz) packages frozen cut rhubarb
- 2 (14½ oz) cans pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped shortbread cookies
- Stir together sugar and flour in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Add rhubarb, cherries, and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Sprinkle each serving with coarsely chopped cookies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.