Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 8
- 3 onions chopped
- 4 celery sliced
- 1 tbsp basil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- 20 oz peas frozen
- 2½ lbs chicken pieces
- 5½ cups water
- ¾ cup rice, raw, converted
- Place all ingredients, except rice, into slow cooker in order listed.
- Cover and cook 1 hour on high; reduce heat to low and cook an additional 8to 9 hours.
- One hour before serving, remove chicken and cool slightly.
- Remove meat from bones and return to slow cooker.
- Add rice.
- Cover and cook an additional hour on high.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.