This dish is an interesting spin on the typical mac-and-cheese recipe. Green Chiles give this comforting dish just enough kick to make it spicy.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 7 minutes | Cook: 4 hr, 30 minutes
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 (8 oz) package elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained (rotel)
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (4½ oz) can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir in 1½ cups cheese.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3-qt slow cooker; top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 4½ hours or until macaroni is done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.