Wrap the spicy chicken mixture in lettuce or cabbage leaves to serve as appetizers.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 11 minutes | Cook: 6 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 lb skinned and boned chicken thighs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp rice wine
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Place diced onion in a 3 or 4qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken 2 – 3 minutes on each side in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove skillet from heat, and place chicken on top of onion in slow cooker.
- Whisk together hoisin sauce and next 4 ingredients, pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 hours.
- Shred chicken in cooker with a fork.
- Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, chicken and green onions.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla in to hold filling, roll tortillas crosswise, and if desired, secure with toothpicks or in parchment paper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.