Serve this dish with a tossed green salad drizzled with vinaigrette.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 8 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 (16 oz) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 oz) package smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.