Is mild picante sauce not spicy enough for you? Kick it up a notch with hot picante sauce. If you like it really hot, add chopped jalapeño.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007
- Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 5 hr
- Makes 12 cups
- 2 lb beef tips, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14½ oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained (like rotel)
- 1 (10½ oz) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 (8 oz) jar mild picante sauce
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 3 – 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir together ½ cup water and flour.
- Stir into stew, cover and cook on high 1 more hour until thickened.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.