- 1 medium Cauliflower, cored and broken into florettes
- 1/4 head red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 6 slices whole grain bread
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, for tossing veggies in.
In a heavy skillet, heat the 4 tbsp olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté briefly. In your food processor or blender, process the bread crumbs to a corn-meal consistency. Add to the garlic and olive oil and toss until all oil is absorbed into the bread.
Toss the steamed veggies with the 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper, and then toss with 1/2 of the crumb mixture. Spread this in a shallow oven-safe pan. Top with the remaining crumb mixture and drizzle with the 2 remaining tbsp of olive oil. Bake in the hot oven for 5–10 minutes, until topping is browned. Keep your eye on it to keep it from burning, though!