Bananas are grown in over 100 different countries throughout the world, and their sweet taste is very popular with children in Africa.
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 2 large bananas, medium-ripe
- ¼ cup chopped, unsalted peanuts
- Preheat and oven to 350º F. In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave, about 45 seconds.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Peel bananas; cut each banana lengthwise in half with the kitchen knife. Place cut-side down in a baking pan.
- Brush with some brown-sugar mixture; then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until bananas are lightly browned. Serve warm and plain, or with other fruits or desserts.
- Try using a different variety of banana such as a red banana.