This is very good with milk for breakfast.
- Makes 5½ cups
- 3½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower or millet seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup raisins, reserve
- Mix all together with electric mixer, spread evenly on 2 baking sheets with edges, and bake in 250°F oven until golden brown (45 to 60 minutes).
- Turn and stir after 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add raisins.
- Cool and store in plastic bag.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ⅓ cup:
- 188 calories, 1½ starch, 1½ fat exchange 24 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams protein, 8.9 grams fat, 3.7 grams fiber 9.2 mg sodium, 176.3 mg potassium, 0 cholesterol
- Note: approx ¾ tsp of honey (12 calories) per serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.