This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound fish fillets
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons lemon peel finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon dried basil crushed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut fish into serving size pieces.
- Mix flour, lemon pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg white until frothy then place in another shallow dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel and basil in a third shallow dish.
- Dip top of fillets into flour mixture then shake off any excess.
- Dip tops into egg white mixture then coat with crumb mixture.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray then place fish fillets in pan coating side up and tuck under thin edges.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.