This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup flour
- ¾ Cup pear Juice
- ¾ Cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla
- Combine butter, brown sugar, coconut and flour
- Place in a rectangular baking dish.
- Bake at 400 °F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and stir again.
- Press this mixture against the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- Blend in pear juice and milk
- Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil
- Boil for ~1 minute.
- Gradually stir in beaten eggs and boil one minute longer.
- Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Dip pear halves in an aixture of ¼ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Top individual pieces of pie with a pear half and a dollop of whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.