- 3.3 pounds fresh cheese, grated
- 1.1 pounds yucca (also known as cassava or tapioca) starch
- 1 spoonful sugar
- 3 spoonfuls milk
- salt to the taste (if the cheese is not salty)
- In a large bowl, mix grated cheese, yucca starch, sugar and salt (if the cheese is not salty).
- Finally add milk, pouring little by little until having a smooth, but not dry, dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a table sprinkled with some yucca starch.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and even.
- Make small balls.
- With the forefinger, make a small hole at the bottom of each ball.
- Place the cuńapés in a yucca-starch-sprinkled baking sheet, with the hole in direct contact with the sheet.
- Bake at a high temperature (American oven: 419°F; European oven: 217°C) for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until cuńapés are golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.