Pickled spring onions
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound spring onions, white part only
- 2 cups vinegar
- ½ cup palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 5 shallots, diced
- 1 dry the onions under the sun, for half a day (or in a very low-temperature oven, for 1½ hours) or until semi-dry.
- Boil the vinegar, sugar and salt; allow to cool.
- Pour liquid into the jar to cover the onions.
- Marinate for 3 days.
- Will last for 2 – 3 weeks refrigerated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.