Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 8 pounds lean baby back pork ribs
- 8 cloves of garlic
- juice of 3 large lemons
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 cup sour orange juice with the juice of 1 lime stirred in
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cut the ribs in 5 to 7 inches sections.
- Wash well under faucet and dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Smash the garlic cloves in a mortar or garlic press.
- Mix the lemon juice, orange juice, oregano, garlic,olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Set aside about ½ cup of this mix to be used when serving.
- Place ribs in a large non-metal container and pour the rest of mix over the ribs.
- Rub the remaining salt thoroughly on all surfaces of the ribs.
- Place in the refrigerator and let stand for 2 to 3 hours.
- Set you gas or charcoal grill to low and place ribs so that they are not exposed to direct flame.
- Cook slowly for about 45 minutes.
- Turn ribs once or twice while cooking.
- Once they are cooked, increase the heat to high or in the case of a charcoal grill place ribs over direct high charcoal heat in order to brown.
- Turn as needed to brown both sides well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.