- ¾ lb firm white fillets (cod, rockfish, snapper, orange roughy, lingcod, pike)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1 tbsp + 4 tsp lime juice; divided
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 can black beans (15 oz can) - drained and rinsed
- 1 large orange
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- Place in even layer (tucking under thin ends) on broiler pan coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine garlic and 2 teaspoons lime juice; spread on.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat about 5 minutes or until just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Transfer to a dish and let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine oil, remaining 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin, pepper flakes and salt in a small jar.
- Shake well and pour 1 tablespoon over.
- Meanwhile, peel orange, cut into ½-inch slices and separate into segments.
- Combine with black beams and remaining dressing.
- Drain, break into large chunks and remove any bones.
- Add to orange mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Serve over romaine.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.