Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup chopped fresh okra
- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups water
- 2 medium ripe plantains
- 2 medium tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Season chicken with adobo.
- In a heavy cast iron skillet brown the chicken pieces in hot oil on all sides.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- In the remaining oil, stir fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cut the okra in 1 inch size pieces.
- Cut away the tips and caps if desired.
- Peel the plantain and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the chicken in a deep stewing pot.
- Add the water and all the other ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is very tender, about 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.