- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup burgundy or other dry red wine
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 (10½-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim any fat from the tenderloin, then cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Coat a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Add oil and place over medium-high heat, when hot, add the pork and cook for about 3 minutes or until brown.
- Then add the onions and wine and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.