- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb hydroponic cucumbers or small, pickling cucumbers (peel if waxed), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cup low sodium chicken broth (remove fat)
- ground pepper to taste
- small amount of salt (optional)
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the cucumbers, onion, and red pepper.
- Cook until all the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup until very smooth and then return it to the saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt (optional) and pepper.
- Serve hot, topped with a tablespoon of yogurt and sprinkling of parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.