- 1-2 European cucumbers
- Salt and black pepper
- White wine vinegar
- Pumpernickel or wheat bread very thinly sliced
- Butter at room temperature
- Peel a European cucumber and slice it into transparent slices with a mandolin or very thin slicer (a potato peeler works well too).
- Sprinkle these thin slices with a little of white wine vinegar and salt and let drain in a sieve for about 1/2 hour.
- Drain away any excess water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cover a slice of lightly buttered thin brown bread with 2 layers of cucumber and a bit of black pepper and top with another slice of buttered bread.
- Press firmly with the palm of your hand.
- Cut off the crusts.
- Cut into small rectangles or triangles.
- Cover with plastic wrap until served.
Contributed by: Edit
- World Recipes Y-Group
- Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.