Makes 16 sandwiches
- 1/2 cup lightly salted butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 squares pumpernickel or wheat bread
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, sliced thin
- 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- Combine butter, horseradish, chives, dill, and salt and mix well.
- Spread each piece of bread with 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture
- Place 1 ounce of sliced salmon on four of the bread slices.
- Top with thinly sliced cucumber and another piece of bread.
- Press firmly and cut off crust around sandwiches.
- Cut each whole sandwich into four squares or triangles, or with a round, crescent or star cutter, if desired.
- Keep tightly wrapped until serving.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.