This is similar to the recipe that my mother made when I was young. It is easy although the actual prep time seems long, it actually takes little time.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 – 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Peel cucumbers and slice thin.
- Layer in shallow dish, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- Let stand overnight.
- In the morning, drain cucumbers and rinse.
- Let dry on paper towels.
- Slice onions thin.
- Mix gently with cucumber slices.
- Beat together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
- Stir into mixed cucumbers and onions.
- The dressing should be plentiful so the salad is creamy.
- Increase amounts of dressing ingredients, proportionally, if needed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.