- 450 g (1 lb) shoulder of pork, boned and skinned, cut into strips
- 175 g (6 oz) hard back pork fat, cut into strips
- rasher smoked bacon, cut into strips
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp mace
- 25 g (1 oz) white breadcrumbs, soaked in 8 tbsp hot water
- sausage skins
- Coarsely mince the pork, fat and bacon, then mince with a medium blade. Add the spices and breadcrumbs and mix well, set aside, covered.
- Rinse the salt from the sausage skins. Ease one end of a piece of skin on to the cold tap. Run cold water gently through the skin, to make sure there are no splits or large holes. Turn off the tap, remove the skin and ease it onto the long spout of the sausage-making attachment to the mincing machine. Screw the whole thing on to the mincing machine with a coarse blade in position.
- Feed the pork sausage meat through the mincing machine again, and as it comes through, slide the skin gently off the attachment and coil it on a large plate. Do not divide into links.
- Leave in the fridge until the next day. Bake the whole coil for 30 – 45 minutes at 180°C / 350°F / gas 4.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.