Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Have ready 5 individual serving custard cups.
- Place in a shallow baking pan filled with tepid water.
- Stir sugar and salt into milk.
- Over very low heat, bring milk to the scalding point until it just begins to form a thin skin.
- Do not boil milk.
- Beat eggs slightly; add a small amount of hot milk to the eggs, then stir the eggs back into the milk, whisking continuously.
- Remove from heat.
- Bake at 350°F degrees until a knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean.
- When cool, cover each cup with a thin coating of caramel.
- Just before serving, add a tablespoon of coconut rum, spicy rum, or Grand Marnier to each cup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.