yield: Makes 12 servings
active time: 45 minutes
total time: 1 1/4 hours
Serve these handheld pies alone or with applesauce, mustard, or roasted apples.
Source: Epicurious Game of Thrones Menu
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 (9-inch) discs prerolled, refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease two 6-cup muffin tins with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients but the dough and 1 tablespoon of the eggs; refrigerate.
- Unroll the dough and cut out twelve 4-inch circles with a biscuit cutter or the rim of a drinking glass.
- Reroll the scraps, then cut out 12 more 2-inch circles.
- Line the bottoms and sides of the tins with the 4-inch rounds.
- Divide the filling evenly among the cups. Press the 2-inch rounds on top, pinching the edges together to seal.
- Poke a hole in the center of each pie.
- Brush with the reserved egg and bake until the tops are browned and puffed slightly, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing the pies. Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.