- 3 lbs chicken breasts, poached skin and bones discarded and the meat cut into bite-sized pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into ¾" pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 scallions including the green part, minced
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (I used Weight Watchers' brand...no fat)
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts, chopped (I used ½ cup...it was fine)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, if desired
- In large bowl, toss together the chicken, lemon juice and mangoes and add celery and scallions.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder and the cumin.
- Add dressing to chicken mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad may be made up to 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in the cashews and the coriander.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled, as you prefer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.