- fish fillets
- lemon juice
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 thinly sliced carrot (optional)
- 1 thinly sliced green pepper (optional)
- a small handful raisins or sultanas (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fruit chutney
- Clean, salt, and sprinkle fillets with a bit of lemon juice.
- Roll in flour and fry 4 minutes each side in about 2 tbsp oil.
- Take fillets out.
- Put in 1 chopped med sized onion and fry till glossy (5 minutes).
- Mix in 1 tbsp curry powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 1 tbs curry powder over and add 1 cup water.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add a thinly sliced carrot, a thinly sliced green pepper, a small handful raisins or sultanas and salt.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of fruit chutney.
- Let cool.
- Put in a serving dish with a lid.
- Place fillets in and make sure they are covered by gravy.
- Close lid, and let flavors penetrate.
- Can be served hot or cold with rice or bread.
- The same sauce can be served over hard-boiled eggs or toast.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.