From Jan/Reb 1993 issue of Cooking Light magazine
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2½ cup water
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, peel and slice
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained, 15.5oz
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1¾ cup diced red potato
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 6 cup hot cooked long-grain rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; saute for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and the next four ingredients.
- Stir well and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water and potato; reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add apple, peas and beans; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Serving size is 1 cup bean mixture and 1 cup rice.
Nutritional information Edit
- 398 calories | 3.2g fat | 11.2g protein | 80.5g carbohydrates | 4.8mg iron
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.