- 3 cups peeled and coarsely chopped all-purpose potatoes
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking breads
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 x 8-inch flour tortillas
- Place potatoes and carrot in large saucepan with enough water to cover by 1 inch, and add ½ tsp salt.
- Boil until potatoes are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid, and transfer vegetables to medium mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion, and sauté over moderate heat, stirring often, until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, and cook, stirring, 15 seconds.
- Add ½ cup reserved cooking liquid to pan.
- Cook briefly over high heat to reduce liquid by about half, 30 seconds.
- Add onion with liquid to potatoes, and mash well, adding additional salt if desired.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread some mashed potato mixture thickly over half the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over potato mixture to close.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet.
- Add bread, and fry over medium heat, until browned, 45 to 60 seconds.
- Flip bread, and cook until browned.
- Transfer to chopping board, and slice in half.
- Repeat for remaining breads.
- Serve immediately, or place in warm oven until ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.