- 1 tbsp fat 15 ml
- 1 small onion chopped
- 6 tsp (2 tbsp) curry powder 30 ml
- 3 cups rice 750 g
- 5 cups water 1 l
- 1 tsp salt 5 ml
- ½ tsp black pepper 2 ml
- Heat fat in a large sauce pan.
- Add onion and curry powder.
- Cook until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add clean rice to onion mixture.
- Stir together.
- Add water and all other seasonings.
- Cover pot.
- Boil rapidly for 5 minutes, reduce to low heat, and cook until water is absorbed.
- Put simmer ring under rice to prevent burning.
- Add water as needed to make grains tender.
- Serve with any meat dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.