Makes 2½ to 3 cups or 6 servings
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup brown basmati rice, well rinsed
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp raisins
- ½ cup green peas, thawed if frozen
- 6 hazelnuts, chopped
- In medium-size saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 40 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté onion softened.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add onion, raisins and peas to rice and heat through.
- Garnish with nuts.
Nutritional information Edit
- Food exchange per serving: 1½ starch/bread exchanges + ½ fat exchange
- calories: 128 | cho: 0mg | car: 23g | pro: 3g | sod: 13g | fat: 3g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.