- 1 to 2 tsp curry powder
- ¾ cup soy milk or low-fat milk
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 small fresh chile peppers, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into large dice (3 cups)
- 1 lb bag combination pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shelled fresh or frozen green peas
- In large, deep saucepan, combine carrots and potatoes with enough water to cover all but about an inch.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and peas.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is just tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine flour and curry powder.
- Gradually stir in milk with a fork.
- Stir milk mixture into vegetables along with scallions and chiles if desired.
- Cook, uncovered, until mixture has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.