- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ⅛ to ¼ tspcayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces (5 to 6 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into ¾-inch slices (2½ cups)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining ½ tbsp oil to pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, broth and salt.
- Cover, increase heat to medium-low and simmer until barely tender, 12 minutes.
- Add zucchini and reserved mushrooms to cauliflower mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve over couscous or brown rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.