- 2 x 3 – 3½ lb chickens jointed and seasoned to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz butter melted
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- pinch of ground ginger
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Combine melted butter, curry powder, ginger, salt and paprika.
- Set chicken in shallow roasting pan, top sides down and thoroughly baste on both sides with combined butter curry, etc.
- Then bake at 375°F.
- For about 20 minutes, basting often with the sauce.
- Turn all pieces of chicken to continue baking for a further 20 minutes.
- Pour off sauce from roasting pan place in a small saucepan and slice an onion and add to sauce, then place over low flame to simmer gently.
- Set chicken on grill to brown to a nice rich color, spooning some of the sauce over it from time to time.
- Pour rest of sauce over the chicken and serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.