- Serves 6 to 8.
- Source source
- 946 milliliters/4 cups frozen vegetable mix, peas, carrots
- 15-30 milliliters/1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 44 milliliters/3 tablespoons butter
- 237 milliliters/1 cup chopped onion
- 237 milliliters/1 cup chopped celery
- 355 milliliters/1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 118 milliliters/½ cup milk
- 44 milliliters/3 tablespoons flour
- 5 milliliters/1 teaspoon curry powder
- 300 milliliters/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 5 milliliters/1 teaspoon salt
- 2 milliliters/½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 473 milliliters/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 204 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toss frozen vegetables with canola oil and spread evenly onto a sheet pan. Place into oven and cook until golden brown.
- In a saute pan heat 15 milliliters (1 tablespoon) of butter and sweat the onion and celery.
- In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk. Add the last of the butter to the celery mix and cook out the water.
- Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss the browned vegetables and the chicken.
- Pour into a shallow baking pan, or a large terra cotta pot base, lined with foil, and top with 6 to 8 circles of puff pastry.
- Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.