A delicious snack. For the vegetarians, you can use potatoes only.
- 50 g minced Chicken or Beef
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder, added to 2 tbsp water to make a paste
- 2 potatoes, boiled and diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- enough cold water to make a soft dough
- 1/4 tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- Make filing ahead of time. Put oil in pan. Fry diced onions until soft. Add curry powder paste and fry until fragrant. Add minced meat, potatoes, coconut milk and salt. Cook over low heat until meat is cooked and the mixture is dry. Remove from heat and drain from oil. Allow to cool before using.
- To make pastry: Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add margarine/butter and work lightly into flour with fingers until mixture is crumbly. Add beaten egg and water to form a soft dough. Knead for a few minutes.
- Break off 1/2 the dough and toll out on a floured board to thickness of half an inch. Cut into round shapes with a small glass and remove them onto a floured plate. Roll each circle into required size and thickness - fill each of them with the filling, allowing enough space to fold the pastry over and seal the edges with a fork. In the meantime, heat enough oil in a wok and deep fry the pastry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.