- 500 ml of chicken stock
- 500 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 onion finely chopped
- 4 small carrot finely diced
- 4 small stick celery finely diced
- 500 ml of white wine
- 4 tbsp / 15 ml of curry powder
- 8 tsp / 40 ml ground turmeric
- 500 ml white wine vinegar
- 4 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Put 30 ml / 2 tbsp of olive oil in a heavy based pan.
- Add the onions, carrot, celery and bay leaf and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the white wine, curry powder and turmeric and continue to cook until virtually reduced.
- Add the stock and bring to the simmer and reduce by half.
- Strain through a sieve and allow to cool.
- Whisk in the remaining olive oil and white wine vinegar alternatively to make an emulsion.
- Season to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.