- 1 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 lbs boneless chuck, cut in 2 inch squares
- ½ pineapple, trimmed and cut in 2-inch chunks
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 coconut
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in long strings
- Sauté the onions until tender brown.
- Add the curry powder and season to taste.
- Add the boneless chuck and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the fresh pineapple and raisins.
- Pierce the coconut and drain the water from it.
- Add some more water to this coconut water to make two cups and add to stew.
- Simmer until meat is completely tender, about 1 hour.
- Add the mango and half the coconut, cut into 1-inch squares.
- Cook for ten more minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.